APH Annual Conference 2016 · Kick It Up
Robert D. Joyce Scholarship Fund
Bob Joyce passed away in August 2009. Bob will always be a part of our APH history. This scholarship fund was named in his honor. We remember him. We miss him.
Short on money but eager to attend this year's conference?
Consider applying for a conference scholarship. Because of the generosity of its members and the enthusiasm of APH's first conference organizer, Robert D. Joyce (APH President, 1998 to 2001), APH is offering full - and half-registration fee scholarships. Recipients have to cover their own travel, lodging, incidentals or any other expenses.
Applicant Eligibility and Requirements
- You must be a Full Member of APH and have been so for at least one year prior to July 31, 2016.
- Previous APH scholarship recipients are ineligible.
- Email Solomon Kahn, APH Treasurer with a cover letter including your name and contact information. Attach a separate document with no identification information that contains an essay of up to 500 words including:
- A description of your personal history background and commitment
- A description of your long-term commitment to APH
- An explanation of your need for financial aid
- A description of how you will contribute to APH the following year (committee work, regional work, helping with the conference, etc.)
- Any other considerations you would like the committee to know about
- You must register for the conference during July, but you do not need to submit the registration fee. If you register online, complete the registration but do not make a payment.
- Email Marty Walton, APH Conference Registrar and state that you are applying for a scholarship and have not included payment with registration. If registering by mail, clearly note on the registration form that you are applying for a scholarship.
* Application must be time-stamped by midnight, July 31, 2016.
- The identities of all applicants will be known only to the APH Treasurer, Executive Director, and Conference Registrar.
- Applicants will be sent an acknowledgment of their application by August 10.
- By August 31, applicants will be notified whether or not they have been awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants not granted a scholarship, who still wish to attend the conference, have until September 30 to pay the early registration fee rate.
If you have any questions, email Solomon Kahn, APH Treasurer